From birth to age two, we have caring adults who look after the youngest of our church family in a nursery setting geared just for this age group. Nursery is provided for all of our services – Sunday School, Sunday Morning Worship, Sunday Evening Praise, Wednesday Evening Adult Bible study, and other special events that are scheduled throughout the year.
Children ages two and three have fun together in our Toddler room, which is outfitted with age appropriate play equipment. Friendships are formed as caring adults tend to the needs of this age group. Toddler Room is provided for all of our services – Sunday School, Sunday Morning Worship, Sunday Evening Praise, Wednesday Evening Adult Bible study, and other special events that are scheduled throughout the year.
We offer two separate children’s church programs during our Sunday Morning Worship service:
• 3-5 years old — Children ages three to five have a special program geared for their age group
Our Sunday School offers engaging Bible training for children and teens of every age.
• From birth to two years of age, children are taken care of by caring adults in our Nursery program.
• Children ages two and three have their own special class geared for fun with friends and short Bible lessons, along with singing, and coloring their own Bible lesson picture.
• Four- and five-year-olds meet together to learn about God, enjoy being together with friends, and color their own Bible lesson picture to take home.
• The Primary Department and Junior Department meet together at the beginning of Sunday School for a special Rally-Time of singing songs and playing color-coded handbells to prerecorded music. From time to time these children sing and play in Sunday Morning Worship service to the delight and joy of parents and guests alike!
• The Primary Department is for first graders to third graders. Bible curriculum, singing, fellowshipping, and learning about God are all included for this fun age group.
• The Junior Department is geared for fourth- through sixth-graders. Teaching about God’s world and our place in His world is only part of what this group learns. Bible curriculum and having fun together along with special treats from time to time help to make this a great class to attend.
• The Teen Department is for seventh- through twelfth-graders. In-depth studies of God’s word and how it applies to them help to prepare teenagers for the world around them.
There are several different clubs within the AWANA program geared to each age group.
At the age of two, children can join the Puggles club. There are puppet shows, Bible stories, singing, and crafts done in this club.
For children, ages three through five (not going into Kindergarten), we have the Cubbies club. Children take home a special Cubbies handbook with stories and short Bible verses to learn. Qualified adult workers take time to listen to “Cubbies’” say their Bible verse, along with teaching this age group a Bible story, singing songs, having puppet shows, and doing crafts. Cubbies wear their special vest to club and earn patches for their vest as they say Bible verses to their leaders.
The Sparks club is for children who are in kindergarten to second grade. This high energy group spends time listening to a Bible lesson, playing games, memorizing Scripture, and saying their Bible verses to specially trained adult workers. There are three Sparks’ books for the Sparks to work through during their three years in this club. Each book is a one-year adventure in learning and growing in God’s Word.
Truth & Training (T&T)
Young people in grades 3rd through 6th participate in our T&T clubs.
• Boys and girls in 3rd and 4th grade participate in exciting group games, listen to Bible truths, memorize Scripture, and work through handbooks geared especially for this age group.
• Young people in 5th and 6th grade also participate in exciting group games, listen to Bible truths, memorize Scripture and work through handbooks geared especially for this age group.
• Specially trained adult leaders help to guide this age group in learning and growing together. At the end of the AWANA year in May, young people earn awards for handbooks completed.
The youth (grades 7 – 12) participate in this exciting AWANA program. Qualified youth leaders lead the teenagers through Bible principles for daily living, work on handbooks together, and spend time in teen fellowship and special activities. At the end of the AWANA year in May, the youth who have completed handbooks can earn awards from the AWANA program.
Vacation Bible School
Another highlight of the year for Cross Lanes Bible Church is our VBS. This is a dynamic children’s program that features fun-filled games, interactive music, creative crafts, engaging Bible stories and much more. Our VBS is four days long and runs from 9am-noon, Monday through Thursday around the 3rd week of June. The week ends with a picnic full of fun for the children and adults alike. Check out our calendar to see when this year’s VBS will be! Our Vacation Bible School is free and it’s open to all children 3 years old through the 6th grade.